A group held together by relationships formed by family and environmental associations, regarded as basic to social life and culture.
- ‘With a clear understanding of the two primary groups and their college-choice variables, you'll now need to keep in mind a number of things, as you market to continuing education students.’
- ‘My focal point is my community, my worshipping community, and the community of women with whom I would name my primary group, and this place here, at Sophia.’
- ‘The closed, local, peasant community - the village - was considered a primary group.’
- ‘Furthermore, the household serves as the primary group of identification for individual members.’
- ‘In North America, and to some degree Europe, there has been a decline in significance of denominations, primary groups, and congregations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.