One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of psychotherapy that focuses on a patient's earliest emotional experiences and encourages verbal expression of childhood suffering, typically using an empty chair or other prop to represent a parent towards whom anger is directed.
- ‘Following months of primal therapy, he wrote the songs for his greatest album, Plastic Ono Band.’
- ‘He should have spent some time listening to former patients in primal therapy who resolved various problems after recovering their birth memories.’
- ‘The woman who once admitted to smashing plates as a form of primal therapy, and who used to run upstairs as a girl and sing along to The Sound of Music to drown out the rows, is now, she says, ‘in the happiest place in my life’.’
- ‘So our sessions devolved from bodywork to this bizarre form of primal therapy.’
- ‘With its handwritten message in felt pen, it was originally sent as a thank note to Sir George from Beverley Hills in 1970 by John and Yoko while they were in Los Angeles undergoing four months of primal therapy.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.