One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stories of his arrogance, sarcasm and general priggishness have been doing the rounds in media circles for years.’
- ‘I have even noticed myself becoming cleverer, and now, at the age of nearly 60, I have almost thrown off adolescent habits of moral certainty and political priggishness.’
- ‘Although faced with accusations of priggishness and prudery, the council remains unrepentant, arguing that it is taking a principled stand.’
- ‘The other major female character in the cast, Hester Worsley, a visiting American, was nearly made believable by Rachel Stirling, although the stereotyped priggishness of the role ultimately overcame her.’
- ‘When I twitched slightly at the name of the artists, I resolved to not let my knee-jerk priggishness get in the way of giving this CD an attentive listen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.