One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The long spines of Acanthaster planci are capable of pricking and stinging humans, inflicting great pain that can last up to hours.’
- ‘Nasha felt the pricking that signaled the beginning of tears in her expressive eyes.’
- ‘Somewhere in the place that his consciousness was floating away from, he could feel a slight pricking in his arm.’
- ‘Patterns of pricking in surviving parchments can reveal whether the lace produced from them was intended for personal or commercial use.’
- ‘Egg pricking is the most humane way to control the Canada goose population, but the danger around Heathrow is judged to be sufficient to warrant going further and initiating a cull.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.