One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
It's easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.
- ‘Remember, prevention is better than cure and is much cheaper both in terms of hardware damage/replacement and lost production due to data loss.’
- ‘We believe that prevention is better than cure, and we keep up with latest technology and colours to find the best for our customers.’
- ‘The prescription for climate change is that prevention is better than cure.’
- ‘With back pain, prevention is better than cure.’
- ‘While council officials are not unduly worried they are nonetheless taking the view that prevention is better than cure, especially if the hot weather continues for the rest of August.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.