One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be prevented or avoided.‘many of these ailments are preventable’‘several workers have been killed in preventable accidents’
- ‘The good news is that the most common mistakes are easily preventable if you know what to look for.’
- ‘Easily preventable Internet crimes are on the rise.’
- ‘Most preventable incidents result directly or indirectly from human error.’
- ‘Skin cancer is largely preventable when sun protection measures are consistently used.’
- ‘Millions of people die each year from preventable diseases for lack of very basic drugs.’
- ‘Many of the chronic diseases linked to obesity are preventable.’
- ‘Hepatitis A is easily preventable with a vaccine.’
- ‘We need to look very carefully at how we go about ensuring that there are no preventable risks to national security.’
- ‘Carbon monoxide poisoning proved to be a limited, easily preventable danger.’
- ‘Cigarettes are the leading cause of preventable deaths in this country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.