One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact or condition of being prevalent; commonness.‘the prevalence of obesity in adults’
commonness, currency, widespread presence, generality, pervasiveness, universality, extensiveness, ubiquity, ubiquitousnessView synonyms
- ‘As our population ages, the prevalence of aortic stenosis inevitably rises.’
- ‘Average HIV prevalences in the adult population of most sub-Saharan African countries are 25 percent.’
- ‘Ireland currently has the highest prevalence of asthma in Europe and it is still on the increase.’
- ‘They also declined in prevalence as the population became more urban than rural.’
- ‘Thus, use of current estimates for the prevalence of passive exposure is again conservative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.