One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was probably even more beautiful than her cousin, not the bright prettiness like her cousin, but this deep alluring beauty.’
- ‘The band's commitment to prettiness is unabashed.’
- ‘What's startling at first is their shimmering prettiness, which nearly masks their confrontational play with identity politics.’
- ‘Irwin's show is near rebellious in its prettiness.’
- ‘Because tropical beaches have such inherent prettiness, finding attractive compositions isn't hard.’
- ‘Blum's ceramic and drawn flowers likewise invite you to look, then look again, as routine prettiness becomes something more.’
- ‘At low tide, large areas dry into plains of black mud before the tide restores the creeks to their picture-postcard prettiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.