One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As for the ham - you can serve it rolled up prettily on top.’
- ‘On the altar, Alison and her groom kissed again, as prettily as dolls.’
- ‘Many of its spurs are prettily sunlit, and what they build up to is inspiring, apocalyptic, a burst of slanting sunbeams from a blue cloud-window.’
- ‘Well-known film actresses often posed prettily in elegant cheongsams against the backdrop of idealized gardens or home settings.’
- ‘This was a prettily arranged layer of aubergine with tomatoes and mozzarella and was very tasty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.