One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Aldeburgh is the next coastal town south of Southwold but it remains partially immune to characterful paintwork and prettification.’
- ‘Not all these external changes are mere acts of prettification, of course.’
- ‘Lyne has been criticised in the past for prettification, but seldom, if ever, for not knowing how to say goodbye.’
- ‘But one can pull the throttle back too far, in the direction of idealization or prettification.’
- ‘Then there has been all this pre-meeting prettification of York for the benefit of those posh patrons of Ascot.’
- ‘I'm going to have a bit of a spring-clean of the blog later, inspired by Orbyn's site prettification, but I thought I'd post something first.’
- ‘With little opportunity for prettification, they struggled - Reyes, when he should have been going forward, spent most of the half going back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.