Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Born or occurring after a pregnancy significantly shorter than normal, especially after no more than 37 weeks of pregnancy.‘babies born during preterm labour’‘preterm babies who did not require respiratory support had a high prevalence of wheeze and cough in the first year of life’
- ‘For example, preterm multiple birth can cause a sudden and unexpected increase in need for intensive care facilities.’
- ‘Chronically catheterized preterm fetal sheep respond to intravascular endotoxin with a tolerance type response.’
- ‘Each amniocentesis carried a risk of miscarriage or preterm labour, and as some pregnancies needed several of these procedures the risk was not inconsequential.’
- ‘Smoking during pregnancy has also been linked to preterm labor and other pregnancy complications.’
- ‘We propose that women should be informed of a small but significantly elevated risk of preterm birth and perinatal death when they conceive shortly after a birth.’
- ‘It starts with the management of preterm labor and postdate pregnancies.’
- ‘This is the best way to protect yourself and your baby against preterm labor and delivery.’
- ‘The purpose of the serial amniocentesis is to prevent preterm labor and thereby extend the pregnancy.’
- ‘An excess of extremely preterm first births existed among women whose subsequent interpregnancy interval was 2-5 years.’
- ‘Doctors have known that preterm newborn boys fare more poorly than girls, but it's not been clear why.’
After a short pregnancy; prematurely.‘babies born preterm are likely to lack surfactant in the lungs’too soon, too early, before the usual time, ahead of time, before one's timeView synonyms
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.