One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The shaping of metal by pressing or drawing it into a shaped hollow die.
- ‘All workers came from the assembly line and are novice to presswork.’
2The process of using a printing press.
- ‘It seems that presswork was already completed on a number of Pavier's texts, which are correctly dated 1619; but the question was what to do with the plays yet to be printed.’
- 2.1 Printed matter, especially with regard to its quality.
- ‘His books are notable for the quality of presswork, type, and paper.’
- ‘The presswork is adequate; the images are small but generally good; and the writing is far better than most of the second category.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.