One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See pressure cooker
- ‘You can prevent food poisoning in home-canned vegetables by pressure-cooking vegetables before canning.’
- ‘The best cooking methods are microwaving, pressure-cooking, steaming, and stir-frying.’
- ‘My friend is an excellent cook and she has planned the menu carefully, from pressure-cooking the beans for the homemade hummus to the icing on the brownies.’
- ‘It is saltier and greasier, fried a darker brown and not pressure-cooked to seal in juiciness.’
- ‘The food is pressure-cooked to seal in flavour and will keep for months at room temperature - and the company has just won gold at the Great Taste Awards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.