One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small fastener on clothing, engaged by pressing its two halves together.
- ‘Razor blades, combs, buttons, press studs, collar studs, boot laces, thimbles - anything that was small enough to carry and wasn't tea.’
- ‘Another choking hazard are multi-colour educational bears, with buttons and press studs which can be easily detached.’
- ‘The black purse, with a silver zip and press stud, is still missing.’
- ‘The bag is a sort of rounded flattened truncated triangle shape, pleated onto the top band which closes in the centre with a magnetic press stud.’
- ‘Perhaps a press stud could also be inserted at the same time as the silicone, to enable their tops to remain attached!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.