Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for press agent
- ‘A female friend, a former major-label press officer, says: "I think everyone in the industry is basically a groupie."’
- ‘I had to make some phone calls to club press officers.’
- ‘The huge media interest in this year's event has meant more work for the press officers.’
- ‘I had a meeting with the press officer at The Tate.’
- ‘British journalist Peter Dunn wrote that it was "the first international conflict fought by press officers".’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.