One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And all these presentist criteria for knowledge have been used.’
- ‘Moreover, while frequent use of presentist terminology may aid in understanding, it risks misconstruing the nineteenth century.’
- ‘It is not, however, over-ambition that causes Terry to come unstuck but rather her openly presentist view of historical method which she proudly displays in her introduction.’
- ‘From a historian's perspective, aspects of Paton's presentist writing style are exasperating.’
- ‘The enticing title is a dead giveaway about the presentist orientation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.