One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the current period of time.‘the story takes place in present-time Britain’
current, present, contemporary, latter, latter-day, twenty-first-century, modern, latest, existing, extant, recentView synonyms
- ‘Such common-sense views of health change all the time and are a reflection of present-time experience.’
- ‘The night he spends with Lulu in 1952 is re-enacted for us as a present-time event, as vivid in the narrative as it is in his memory.’
- ‘When you are filtering present-time information through your belief systems, then you are filtering the information through fear.’
- ‘My Black Sun quartet is set in present-time United States.’
- ‘Mindfulness of breathing is a present-time awareness.’
- ‘He is present-time orientated, seldom defers gratification, and never plans for the future.’
- ‘The date and time gets stamped upon the pictures; if it reads as present-time, refreshing the page might cause it to flip to a different one.’
- ‘She has a four-member team, which has been freed from present-time responsibilities in order to focus all its attention on future trends and technology changes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.