One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact of knowing something in advance; foreknowledge.‘with extraordinary prescience, Jung actually predicted the Nazi eruption’
far-sightedness, foresight, foreknowledgeView synonyms
- ‘‘Unbelievable,’ Federer said, dwelling on his prescience.’
- ‘And the stark prescience of the imagery must make us shiver.’
- ‘A rereading, however, shows that he had imagined our future with incredible prescience and was rightly appalled by the vista.’
- ‘Some of them have occurred exactly as predicted, and stand as proof of my prescience and insight.’
- ‘This book is also worth re-reading because of Card's prescience in anticipating the Internet's role in political debate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.