One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The preposterously high ceilings and dystopian CRT monitors peeking out from the walls with titillating images amplify the expensive atmosphere.’
- ‘‘Glad to see you approve of my living quarters,’ Skerry says, holding a preposterously large, incredibly furry cat in her arms.’
- ‘The preposterously implausible Moroccan tale is my all-time favourite.’
- ‘The idea is so preposterously stupid - and thoroughly executed - that it flips over into the realm of sheer genius.’
- ‘What you might not expect is quite how preposterously far-fetched the final act is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.