One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting, administered in, or occurring in the period before a surgical operation.
- ‘The results of this study show that participants had a pragmatic view of the preoperative skin test.’
- ‘Basic life support training is recommended for all nurses in the preoperative care unit.’
- ‘The preoperative wait period is an ideal time for reducing cardiac risk factors, including insulin resistance.’
- ‘Nursing assessment by hospital staff members begins with a preoperative telephone call to the patient.’
- ‘A nurse practitioner performs the preoperative history and physical examination.’
- ‘Prevention of postoperative infection begins in the preoperative period.’
- ‘What qualities does a preoperative nurse need to pursue a career with a health care company?’
- ‘Most urologic procedures do not require preoperative antibiotic prophylaxis.’
- ‘Some participants found it difficult to understand why a preoperative skin test was performed.’
- ‘The last of these included the use of preoperative assessment clinics to ensure that patients were fit for surgery.’
- ‘Patients with clinical evidence of preoperative infection were excluded from the study.’
- ‘The preoperative admission nurse instructs the patient to change into a hospital gown.’
- ‘The nurse gave the patient written orders to obtain a preoperative complete blood count and pregnancy test.’
- ‘The anesthesia care provider administers the block in the preoperative holding area.’
- ‘The surgeon may have the patient sign the informed consent upon arrival in the preoperative area of the hospital.’
- ‘The surgeon ordered preoperative blood laboratory work to include a blood glucose level.’
- ‘A nasogastric tube was placed, and preoperative antibiotics were administered.’
- ‘These patients may be a target group for specialist preoperative medical assessment.’
- ‘For each patient we collected data on preoperative and operative variables to calculate predicted mortality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.