One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail.
- ‘A prenuptial agreement will help establish a record of what you owned before you got married, which could be important if the marriage doesn't last.’
- ‘You did not sign a prenuptial agreement, am I correct?’
- ‘Celebrity attorneys estimate some 50-70 percent of Hollywood celebs do sign prenuptial agreements.’
- ‘Those with assets to protect could sign prenuptial agreements that courts would respect.’
- ‘After a conference in chambers, the judge said a prenuptial agreement the couple signed about a week before they married would control the division of assets.’
- ‘Rich people who set up trusts may require that their children pass periodic drug tests or set up prenuptial agreements to get their money.’
- ‘Similarly, she said that if they married, they would enter into a prenuptial agreement at that time.’
- ‘Do you think they signed a prenuptial agreement?’
- ‘The Post reports that newlywed Britney Spears got her brand-new hubby to ink an ironclad prenuptial agreement just days before they got hitched.’
- ‘Another concern is the uncertain legal status of prenuptial agreements.’
- ‘In fact, the attorney says that he does more prenuptial agreements than anything else now.’
- ‘There is often difficulty working out what was acquired before the marriage and what was acquired during the marriage - which is where a prenuptial agreement or cohabitation agreement can help.’
- ‘Marriage joins two people in a relationship, and unless there is a limiting prenuptial agreement, the union with the person unites you to all the person's possessions.’
- ‘Since nearly 50% of first marriages end in divorce, wealthy parents often push prenuptial agreements on their kids before they marry.’
- ‘There are a myriad of issues to deal with, including child support, prenuptial agreements, property ownership, retirement finances, and estate planning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.