Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Before birth; during or relating to pregnancy.‘prenatal development’
- ‘Abused women were also less likely to have prenatal care check-ups during pregnancy.’
- ‘A healthy child was delivered at term, and the couple will be offered prenatal diagnosis in subsequent pregnancies.’
- ‘During an early prenatal visit, most pregnant women are given a blood test to screen for syphilis.’
- ‘The screening test studied was prenatal serum screening for Down's syndrome.’
- ‘Autism cannot currently be detected at birth or through any prenatal screening.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.