Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Preceding the occurrence of symptoms of disease or disorder.
- ‘The most common premorbid psychiatric diagnoses are depression, personality disorders, and substance misuse.’
- ‘Depressive symptoms and low self-esteem are premorbid predictors of adolescent headache in girls.’
- ‘Secondly, premorbid personality traits may have predisposed individuals both to developing schizophrenia and to using cannabis.’
- ‘Six were thought to have evidence of a premorbid personality disorder.’
- ‘These assumptions underlie the justification for conventional screening for the premorbid or early stage of a disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.