One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of, occurring, or experienced before menstruation.‘premenstrual tension’
- ‘Alcohol affects some women negatively during their premenstrual period.’
- ‘The first ‘modern’ account of premenstrual tension was published in a medical journal in 1931.’
- ‘I view menstruation and premenstrual symptoms as a liability.’
- ‘Seventy-five percent of the women reported significant improvement in premenstrual symptoms.’
- ‘During the premenstrual stage, women with irregular cycles may not be more aware of their symptoms than women with regular cycles, for at this time an overall heightened focus on premenstrual symptoms is common for all women.’
- ‘Studies have shown that women who reduce their caffeine intake two weeks before menstruation suffer less premenstrual breast tenderness.’
- ‘It is prescribed for premenstrual problems rather than depression.’
- ‘For how long have women suffered from premenstrual symptoms?’
- ‘They will want to know what medicine is good for headaches, arthritis, premenstrual conditions, insomnia, or a host of other conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.