One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in the period of a woman's life immediately preceding the menopause.‘fibroids often result in pain and bleeding in premenopausal women’‘premenopausal breast cancer’‘all the women participating in the study were premenopausal’
- ‘How could such a strategy be explained to older premenopausal women, who are at the same risk of ovarian cancer as their postmenopausal peers?’
- ‘A lower proportion of highly stressed women than less stressed women were premenopausal and used oral contraceptives.’
- ‘Moreover, we know that premenopausal women are very protected from sleep apnea.’
- ‘This disease is rare in premenopausal women.’
- ‘Another possibility is that women with premenopausal breast cancer may simply have a higher risk of miscarriage.’
- ‘If you're premenopausal, this will cause premature menopause.’
- ‘The study was restricted to premenopausal women aged younger than 50 at the time of diagnosis.’
- ‘All premenopausal women who underwent hysterectomy were given hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘Cysts are a common cause of palpable breast masses in premenopausal women older than 40 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.