Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for morning sickness
- ‘You may be suffering from pregnancy sickness.’
- ‘Extreme pregnancy sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, might even mean a hospital stay to allow you to maintain fluid levels and prevent dehydration.’
- ‘It was nice spending time with the family and the pregnancy sickness was nice enough to make itself scarce on Christmas Day and hasn't actually returned yet!’
- ‘Pregnancy sickness, even severe sickness, is not associated with any harm to your baby.’
- ‘The thing about pregnancy sickness for me is that the more frequently I eat, the less sick I feel.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.