Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for morning sickness
- ‘The thing about pregnancy sickness for me is that the more frequently I eat, the less sick I feel.’
- ‘Pregnancy sickness, even severe sickness, is not associated with any harm to your baby.’
- ‘Extreme pregnancy sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, might even mean a hospital stay to allow you to maintain fluid levels and prevent dehydration.’
- ‘You may be suffering from pregnancy sickness.’
- ‘It was nice spending time with the family and the pregnancy sickness was nice enough to make itself scarce on Christmas Day and hasn't actually returned yet!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.