One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company, person, or country that is the primary choice as another’s business partner.‘the preferred partner for furthering the development of a trans-shipment hub in Orkney has been named’
- ‘One major set-back was when the school ditched the developer it had chosen as its preferred partner.’
- ‘A preferred partner was selected in September 2002, with the initial transaction due to be completed before the end of the year.’
- ‘As soon as the preferred partners are announced to build the health centre, we will be ready to move.’
- ‘On paper the company remains the council's preferred partner.’
- ‘The United States and Europe were each other's "preferred partner", and had long established "habits of co-operation".’
- ‘Property sources said the plan was back on and that Wilson Bowden was the group's preferred partner for the project.’
- ‘The entrepreneur would not officially confirm that Bank of Scotland is his preferred partner.’
- ‘In many cases, these preferred partners own actual stakes in the site.’
- ‘There is nothing hypothetical about negotiations now under way between CNOOC, Unocal, and its previous preferred partner, Chevron.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.