One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company, person, or country that is the primary choice as another’s business partner.‘the preferred partner for furthering the development of a trans-shipment hub in Orkney has been named’
- ‘On paper the company remains the council's preferred partner.’
- ‘As soon as the preferred partners are announced to build the health centre, we will be ready to move.’
- ‘One major set-back was when the school ditched the developer it had chosen as its preferred partner.’
- ‘The entrepreneur would not officially confirm that Bank of Scotland is his preferred partner.’
- ‘A preferred partner was selected in September 2002, with the initial transaction due to be completed before the end of the year.’
- ‘There is nothing hypothetical about negotiations now under way between CNOOC, Unocal, and its previous preferred partner, Chevron.’
- ‘In many cases, these preferred partners own actual stakes in the site.’
- ‘The United States and Europe were each other's "preferred partner", and had long established "habits of co-operation".’
- ‘Property sources said the plan was back on and that Wilson Bowden was the group's preferred partner for the project.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.