One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company, person, or country that is the primary choice as another’s business partner.‘the preferred partner for furthering the development of a trans-shipment hub in Orkney has been named’
- ‘On paper the company remains the council's preferred partner.’
- ‘As soon as the preferred partners are announced to build the health centre, we will be ready to move.’
- ‘Property sources said the plan was back on and that Wilson Bowden was the group's preferred partner for the project.’
- ‘In many cases, these preferred partners own actual stakes in the site.’
- ‘A preferred partner was selected in September 2002, with the initial transaction due to be completed before the end of the year.’
- ‘There is nothing hypothetical about negotiations now under way between CNOOC, Unocal, and its previous preferred partner, Chevron.’
- ‘The United States and Europe were each other's "preferred partner", and had long established "habits of co-operation".’
- ‘One major set-back was when the school ditched the developer it had chosen as its preferred partner.’
- ‘The entrepreneur would not officially confirm that Bank of Scotland is his preferred partner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.