One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of drinking alcohol, especially in large quantities, before going out socially.‘80 per cent of females studied said they would indulge in predrinking before heading to a pub or club’
drinking bout, debauchView synonyms
- ‘American scientists, in a study, also found that predrinking can lead to blackouts and worse consequences.’
- ‘A study using Internet cell-phone questionnaires examined predrinking by young adults.’
- ‘Due to U.S. legal drinking age requirements, predrinking may be most prevalent among underage drinkers in the U.S.’
- ‘I believe in predrinking heavily prior to going into this club.’
- ‘Can anyone recommend any good predrinking establishments that are within walking distance of the Phoenix?’
- ‘6:30 PM: Dinner, then showering and a little bit of predrinking.’
- ‘Studies usually describe predrinking in nightlife environment in city centers, not in the entrance lines of nightclubs.’
- ‘Reasons given for predrinking include saving money, getting in the mood for partying, becoming intoxicated and socializing with friends.’
- ‘Common sense dictates that daytime parties discourage heavy drinking or predrinking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.