One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Drink alcohol, especially in large quantities, before going out socially.‘at university, we would tend to predrink in the flat before heading out’
drink alcohol, take alcohol, tipple, indulgeView synonyms
- ‘This cutey invited me and three buddies to predrink at her pad before we headed out to a local bar.’
- ‘Didn't have any of their food because we were just here to predrink.’
- ‘All my roomies were predrinking and none of them finished their drinks so they all gave their drinks to me and left.’
- ‘We know that some frosh predrink before going to our events - that's not a problem.’
- ‘I think the scary bit about this show was how much they were predrinking.’
- ‘Need to start getting ready and predrink.’
- ‘Without the spending power, they predrank wine and shots before the club.’
- ‘I predrank at my place first, about 5 shots of vodka, and 5 beers.’
- ‘Let's predrink at my house, have a fun night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.