One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is thinking of farmers who breed grasses to produce food crops, and of cooking as a process of predigestion to enable us to consume otherwise inedible foods.’
- ‘The saliva of carnivora contains no ptyalin and cannot predigest starches; that of vegetarian animals contains ptyalin for the predigestion of starches.’
- ‘Enzyme predigestion with pepsin was performed as recommended by the manufacturer.’
- ‘Their venom causes predigestion and breakdown of the cells.’
- ‘Having nabbed its prey, the box jellyfish moves the captive to its stomach for predigestion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.