One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The saliva of carnivora contains no ptyalin and cannot predigest starches; that of vegetarian animals contains ptyalin for the predigestion of starches.’
- ‘Their venom causes predigestion and breakdown of the cells.’
- ‘Having nabbed its prey, the box jellyfish moves the captive to its stomach for predigestion.’
- ‘Enzyme predigestion with pepsin was performed as recommended by the manufacturer.’
- ‘He is thinking of farmers who breed grasses to produce food crops, and of cooking as a process of predigestion to enable us to consume otherwise inedible foods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.