One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of seeking to reduce consumer waste by buying unpackaged, reusable, or recyclable products, using one's own bags, etc.‘precycling aims to get people to think about packaging and products before making their purchases’
- ‘Precycling represents the stage before recycling and, unlike recycling, it expends little energy.’
- ‘New York's State Department of Environmental Conservation offers a number of online educational and information publications on waste reduction, addressing topics including precycling, reuse, and composting.’
- ‘FPA makes the distinction between recycling and "pre-cycling" - reusing an existing packaging versus using less material at the source.’
- ‘In addition to reusing waste, adopting a policy of "pre-cycling" - that is, reducing waste generation altogether - can help any frame shop save money.’
- ‘It's not just about how you dispose of products and packaging anymore: it's about being conscious about products you buy in the first place. That's the idea behind precycling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.