One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or associated with a part of the mind below the level of immediate conscious awareness, from which memories and emotions that have not been repressed can be recalled.‘beliefs and values which are on a preconscious level’
- ‘Freud called attention to preconscious dimensions that impinge on our behavior but never dispensed with them.’
- ‘Inadvertent expressions of preconscious processes have been studied extensively by psychologists.’
- ‘But sometimes, such as when we eat or sleep, our awareness drops to a preconscious level.’
- ‘Conscious experience, conscious selves, are ‘generated by and represent aspects of our own preconscious minds.’
- ‘In deeper sleep, however, even the preconscious detection of very large and infrequent changes in the external environment cannot be made.’
The part of the mind in which preconscious thoughts or memories reside.
- ‘Deep out of our preconscious comes this fear - fear of the pain of dying and shame of the effect that our dying might have on others.’
- ‘This occurs in the preconscious although it might later trigger consciousness.’
- ‘This process is said to occur automatically at the level of the preconscious.’
- ‘This is thought to reflect a simple, sensory memory that apparently occurs automatically in the preconscious.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.