One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Configure in advance.‘an application preconfigured for the insurance industry’
- ‘It's a hardware appliance that can be delivered preconfigured by the vendor.’
- ‘Most Web browsers are preconfigured to automatically accept cookies.’
- ‘The savings are mainly down to lower support requirements and the fact that there is not need to preconfigure every PC.’
- ‘The firm supplies mobile phones to international travellers preconfigured to work in the country of their destination.’
- ‘The browser is preconfigured with lots of commercial links to Webster Publishing's mini-empire in Australia, which appears to be a great resource for anyone looking for information about Oz and New Zealand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.