One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Configure in advance.‘an application preconfigured for the insurance industry’
- ‘It's a hardware appliance that can be delivered preconfigured by the vendor.’
- ‘Most Web browsers are preconfigured to automatically accept cookies.’
- ‘The savings are mainly down to lower support requirements and the fact that there is not need to preconfigure every PC.’
- ‘The browser is preconfigured with lots of commercial links to Webster Publishing's mini-empire in Australia, which appears to be a great resource for anyone looking for information about Oz and New Zealand.’
- ‘The firm supplies mobile phones to international travellers preconfigured to work in the country of their destination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.