Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Configure in advance.‘an application preconfigured for the insurance industry’
- ‘Most Web browsers are preconfigured to automatically accept cookies.’
- ‘The browser is preconfigured with lots of commercial links to Webster Publishing's mini-empire in Australia, which appears to be a great resource for anyone looking for information about Oz and New Zealand.’
- ‘It's a hardware appliance that can be delivered preconfigured by the vendor.’
- ‘The firm supplies mobile phones to international travellers preconfigured to work in the country of their destination.’
- ‘The savings are mainly down to lower support requirements and the fact that there is not need to preconfigure every PC.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.