One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apparatus for causing precipitation, especially a device for removing dust from a gas.
- ‘When the cloud of white tobacco smoke entered the charged field and vanished, he realized the electrical precipitator had the potential to become a major new smoke-control technology.’
- ‘Technically, the electrical precipitator was an indisputable triumph: it could clean an array of particulate pollutants from smoke produced by a wide variety of industrial processes.’
- ‘The arsenic captured by the precipitators and in dust chambers played an equal role in polluting the area.’
- ‘The commissioners did finally insist that the company install the additional electrical precipitators.’
- ‘Since the precipitator could not capture sulphur dioxide gas, but only condensed particles of sulphuric acid, it did not completely solve the pollution problem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.