One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carried out as a precaution; preventive.‘she was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure’
preventative, preventive, safety, protectiveView synonyms
- ‘There will be a precautionary inspection at Southwell at 7.30 am tomorrow to decide if racing can go ahead there.’
- ‘We must always take the correct precautionary measures to assure the safety of our children.’
- ‘We are therefore distributing a list of common-sense precautionary safety measures.’
- ‘On another occasion, I was much more inclined to resist a precautionary procedure.’
- ‘We do all sorts of precautionary things to give ourselves a sense of control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.