One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell or medical condition) likely to develop into cancer if untreated.‘precancerous skin lesions’
- ‘There's been a controversy for many years about whether the virus infects healthy epithelial cells or just cancerous and precancerous cells.’
- ‘We all know that early detection of problems is the very best way to detect precancerous conditions, which can often be treated before cancer develops.’
- ‘Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.’
- ‘Regular dental checkups that include an examination of the entire mouth are important in the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal cancers and precancerous conditions.’
- ‘It's a test that can detect the presence of infections, inflammation, precancerous cells or cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.