Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a cell or medical condition) likely to develop into cancer if untreated.‘precancerous skin lesions’
- ‘We all know that early detection of problems is the very best way to detect precancerous conditions, which can often be treated before cancer develops.’
- ‘There's been a controversy for many years about whether the virus infects healthy epithelial cells or just cancerous and precancerous cells.’
- ‘Regular dental checkups that include an examination of the entire mouth are important in the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal cancers and precancerous conditions.’
- ‘It's a test that can detect the presence of infections, inflammation, precancerous cells or cancer.’
- ‘Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.