Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The practice of accustoming vermin or fish to harmless bait, so that they will take poisoned or hooked bait more readily.
- ‘For prebaiting and to attract the carp while fishing, I prefer hemp and groats which have been well soaked and then boiled.’
- ‘I am a great believer in prebaiting whenever possible for Thames carp.’
- ‘A few years ago, I decided to fish my prebaited swim after prebaiting for only one week.’
- ‘‘I prebaited with my own mini boilies to stop other anglers getting the benefit of all my hard work prebaiting if they fished the swim,’ I explained.’
- ‘Let's face it, these bird feeders are doing a great job prebaiting for us anglers!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.