One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of accustoming vermin or fish to harmless bait, so that they will take poisoned or hooked bait more readily.
- ‘For prebaiting and to attract the carp while fishing, I prefer hemp and groats which have been well soaked and then boiled.’
- ‘A few years ago, I decided to fish my prebaited swim after prebaiting for only one week.’
- ‘Let's face it, these bird feeders are doing a great job prebaiting for us anglers!’
- ‘I am a great believer in prebaiting whenever possible for Thames carp.’
- ‘‘I prebaited with my own mini boilies to stop other anglers getting the benefit of all my hard work prebaiting if they fished the swim,’ I explained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.