One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What saves the songs from preachiness or corniness, however, is his ability to leave a part of the meaning to your imagination.’
- ‘It was long on the preachiness, long on the abuse, long on the ‘preaching to the choir’ factor, and very, very short on actual analysis.’
- ‘She's gotten less reliant on the single descending tone, with its tendency toward preachiness.’
- ‘And the tone doesn't ever really delve into condescension or preachiness, a danger in the hands of the less experienced.’
- ‘The newer generation of film-makers have reacted against its perceived preachiness, looking instead for a style that is imaginative, challenging, and visually stimulating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.