One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Given or performed as preparation for vocational training.‘pre-vocational college-based education’
- ‘The course will be run by Bord Iascaigh Mhara and is designed to provide pre-vocational learners with an introduction to fish-farming.’
- ‘However, cuts to the program are reducing its impact and little over half of the budget allocated for pre-vocational courses was actually spent in 1998-99, forcing a departmental review into the underspend.’
- ‘There is great regret when successful experiments - such as pre-vocational courses for schoolchildren - have to be cut back in any of the colleges.’
- ‘Adolescents with physical disabilities can receive pre-vocational assessment and training to help them get a job or post-secondary education.’
- ‘He plans to make curriculum development a priority, as well as the development of pre-vocational training programs, an adult learning strategy, and an education act for Nunavut.’
- ‘Much of the research points to the importance employers attach to personal qualities and basic literacy and numeracy, rather than vocational or pre-vocational skills.’
- ‘All this is allied to participation in recreational and pre-vocational activities.’
- ‘‘We could easily double the number of apprentices on our books if there were more vocational and pre-vocational training places available,’ he said.’
- ‘The staff will then incorporate independent living, social skills and pre-vocational development to promote skills and behavior needed to succeed in the workforce.’
- ‘The NSW Government has given $200,000 to the project, which will look at ways to meet the demands from local business for pre-vocational training.’
- ‘Apart from pursuing a pre-vocational course at Bethshan, he also coaches the school's students, and is ‘in-charge of their fitness’.’
- ‘Newmont will start a pre-vocational mining course in the middle of the year, probably an eight or 10 week program, on site, with assistance from the NT Government.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.