One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Given or performed as preparation for vocational training.‘pre-vocational college-based education’
- ‘The NSW Government has given $200,000 to the project, which will look at ways to meet the demands from local business for pre-vocational training.’
- ‘Apart from pursuing a pre-vocational course at Bethshan, he also coaches the school's students, and is ‘in-charge of their fitness’.’
- ‘‘We could easily double the number of apprentices on our books if there were more vocational and pre-vocational training places available,’ he said.’
- ‘There is great regret when successful experiments - such as pre-vocational courses for schoolchildren - have to be cut back in any of the colleges.’
- ‘The staff will then incorporate independent living, social skills and pre-vocational development to promote skills and behavior needed to succeed in the workforce.’
- ‘Newmont will start a pre-vocational mining course in the middle of the year, probably an eight or 10 week program, on site, with assistance from the NT Government.’
- ‘The course will be run by Bord Iascaigh Mhara and is designed to provide pre-vocational learners with an introduction to fish-farming.’
- ‘Much of the research points to the importance employers attach to personal qualities and basic literacy and numeracy, rather than vocational or pre-vocational skills.’
- ‘However, cuts to the program are reducing its impact and little over half of the budget allocated for pre-vocational courses was actually spent in 1998-99, forcing a departmental review into the underspend.’
- ‘Adolescents with physical disabilities can receive pre-vocational assessment and training to help them get a job or post-secondary education.’
- ‘He plans to make curriculum development a priority, as well as the development of pre-vocational training programs, an adult learning strategy, and an education act for Nunavut.’
- ‘All this is allied to participation in recreational and pre-vocational activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.