One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a fabric or garment) having undergone a shrinking process during manufacture to prevent further shrinking after washing or cleaning.‘the shirts are blue-grey pre-shrunk 100% cotton’
- ‘‘These martial arts uniforms are pre-shrunk and absorb moisture,’ said Nasir Saleem, sales director.’
- ‘It was John McKendrick who introduced pre-shrunk fabric, which did away with the time-consuming, hands-on, chemical waterproofing process.’
- ‘Made of a comfortable pre-shrunk cotton fabric with other quality features, this is an excellent choice for logos.’
- ‘The Zippered Body Suits are the only garments that are pre-shrunk.’
- ‘Fabric with a high cotton content will shrink - even if it says it is pre-shrunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.