Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for preload
- ‘Red Hat is still in discussion with hardware vendors about selling machines with the software pre-installed.’
- ‘Linux is certified and shipped pre-installed on workstations but is not offered on Compaq desktops and laptops.’
- ‘Are the machines going to come with Corel Linux pre-installed?’
- ‘The company has signed deals with the world's top hardware manufacturers to have its settings pre-installed on laptops and PDAs.’
- ‘It is a legal requirement that pre-installed operating systems remain with a machine for the life of the machine.’
- ‘Although I have bought several systems with Linux pre-installed from several different vendors, they were all web servers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.