One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well, for example: the Methodist bishops have given a kind of statement against going to war pre-emptively.’
- ‘Like Bush, Kerry favors the policy of pre-emptively striking any nation deemed to be a sufficient threat.’
- ‘Thus, he urges, he may not be preemptively confined.’
- ‘Bet the dude is working on a list of countries to pre-emptively attack.’
- ‘Now, the president talked about the Bush doctrine of acting preemptively against perceived terror threats abroad to make Americans safer domestically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.