One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like Bush, Kerry favors the policy of pre-emptively striking any nation deemed to be a sufficient threat.’
- ‘Thus, he urges, he may not be preemptively confined.’
- ‘Now, the president talked about the Bush doctrine of acting preemptively against perceived terror threats abroad to make Americans safer domestically.’
- ‘Bet the dude is working on a list of countries to pre-emptively attack.’
- ‘Well, for example: the Methodist bishops have given a kind of statement against going to war pre-emptively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.