Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Discussed and agreed in advance.‘you have the right to sell your stock at a pre-agreed price’
prearranged, arranged in advance, established in advance, set, fixed, preset, pre-agreed, pre-established, pre-planned, pre-decided, agreed, settledView synonyms
- ‘Dinner guests are expected to bring a gift, however modest, and this is usually a bottle of wine, flowers, or a pre-agreed desert or cheese dish.’
- ‘The partnership leases the turbines to the operator of the wind farm for a pre-agreed period of time, usually seven years.’
- ‘In a time of vapid politicians who only speak from pre-agreed scripts, a bit of colour, rank mischief and sharp politics cannot go amiss.’
- ‘Personal accident policies pay the pre-agreed levels of benefit to persons injured if an accident occurs within the terms of the policy.’
- ‘Instead they are paid a pre-agreed lump sum at a pre-agreed date usually about eight years after making their initial investment.’
- ‘Agencies are usually paid pre-agreed fees for their work, meaning they can't cash in on ideas that boost their clients' profits.’
- ‘In many cases, their involvement is limited to endorsing pre-agreed EU policies, without having a real chance to influence them.’
- ‘A fixed-rate deal is ideal if you want to lock away a set amount of money for a pre-agreed period of time.’
- ‘Profits are shared on a pre-agreed ratio, while losses are borne by the investor alone.’
- ‘This gave him the right to buy dollars in the future at a pre-agreed price.’
- ‘Alternatively, prior to the pre-agreed date for sale of the warrant, you can trade the warrant itself on the stock market.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.