One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tallith
- ‘It was white (the color of newness and purity), and it had two blue stripes (the color of heaven) like the stripes of a tallit, the prayer shawl, which symbolized the transmission of Jewish tradition.’
- ‘It begins with the traditional donning of the tallith or prayer shawl.’
- ‘I feel safe, gathered in, with the song covering us like a prayer shawl and the Shabbos candles flickering on the sideboard.’
- ‘He wears a prayer shawl, chants a pilgrimage psalm, and says a blessing in Hebrew.’
- ‘He stood before it fussing with his tunic, his robe and his prayer shawl, making sure his attire was perfect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.