One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tallith
- ‘It was white (the color of newness and purity), and it had two blue stripes (the color of heaven) like the stripes of a tallit, the prayer shawl, which symbolized the transmission of Jewish tradition.’
- ‘I feel safe, gathered in, with the song covering us like a prayer shawl and the Shabbos candles flickering on the sideboard.’
- ‘He stood before it fussing with his tunic, his robe and his prayer shawl, making sure his attire was perfect.’
- ‘It begins with the traditional donning of the tallith or prayer shawl.’
- ‘He wears a prayer shawl, chants a pilgrimage psalm, and says a blessing in Hebrew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.