One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat used for fishing for prawns.
- ‘Kilkeel prawners stayed about the home grounds whereas a large number of the Portavogie boats travelled to the Clyde grounds where it is possible to get working most of the week even in bad weather.’
- ‘At this time of year Kilkeel prawners usually work in Dundalk Bay during the night hours and landing during the daytime.’
- ‘Of the very few boats that did venture out a handful of prawners managed one day's fishing for the first two weeks of the month.’
- ‘Some Kilkeel prawners however who made the long steam to grounds of the Cumbrian coast were rewarded with a fairly good fishing of good quality prawns.’
- ‘Meanwhile a large percentage of the Portavogie prawners continued to persevere in the Clyde usually managing to get a full week's work in and landing into Campbelltown before coming home most Fridays for the weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.