A boat used for fishing for prawns.
- ‘Some Kilkeel prawners however who made the long steam to grounds of the Cumbrian coast were rewarded with a fairly good fishing of good quality prawns.’
- ‘Meanwhile a large percentage of the Portavogie prawners continued to persevere in the Clyde usually managing to get a full week's work in and landing into Campbelltown before coming home most Fridays for the weekend.’
- ‘At this time of year Kilkeel prawners usually work in Dundalk Bay during the night hours and landing during the daytime.’
- ‘Kilkeel prawners stayed about the home grounds whereas a large number of the Portavogie boats travelled to the Clyde grounds where it is possible to get working most of the week even in bad weather.’
- ‘Of the very few boats that did venture out a handful of prawners managed one day's fishing for the first two weeks of the month.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.