Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A practical section of a course of study.‘a teaching practicum is included’
- ‘Think of lifelong learning as the password to the education treadmill, not as a practicum in the life of the mind.’
- ‘The practicum students and teachers observed the children as they studied his drawings and as the children recorded entries in their journals.’
- ‘Should a teaching practicum or course be an option for Ph.D. students in agricultural economics?’
- ‘In the Fall 2002 semester, a group of graduate students in a practicum on the teaching of composition had nearly the same debate.’
- ‘Suddenly, I realized I was no longer a practicum student or a student teacher: I was the teacher.’
- ‘Majors also complete a teaching practicum and a senior project in choreography and performance or dance research.’
- ‘In spring 1994 he failed a graduate student who, he alleges, attended only three of fifteen classes in a practicum education course.’
- ‘In the third semester, students complete studies in career applications and group work, complete a practicum, and continue in the school counseling seminar.’
- ‘How important is the motivation of the student in determining whether a practicum is community service?’
- ‘As part of their degree program, students do a practicum in the local schools, usually during their senior year.’
- ‘I explained that their training requirements automatically exclude homeschooling parents, who are unable to conduct practicums in classrooms.’
- ‘Early in the intermediate course, students select one child in their practicum classroom for focused observation.’
- ‘In addition to the required teaching analysis class, dancers have the option of focusing on pedagogy and completing a teaching practicum at the university-affiliated dance academy.’
- ‘The students then stay linked to these schools for their practicum and for a full-year internship.’
- ‘For example, the practicum students noted how the teaching strategies were transferred to the children and used with each other.’
- ‘This article describes their journey, which I, as a teacher educator with practicum students in the kindergarten classrooms, was fortunate to witness.’
- ‘The first time I asked myself who the art belonged to, I was completing my student practicum by assisting an art-education teacher in an early morning childcare program at an elementary school.’
- ‘The practicum students studied and discussed the transcripts and drawings as they planned other experiences with him and his classmates.’
- ‘I'd done a practicum in kindergarten, and I ended up teaching Grade 7.’
- ‘The practicum enables the student educators to do everything from running staff meetings to ordering supplies.’
Early 20th century: from late Latin, neuter of practicus practical.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.