Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The quality of being practicable; viability.‘the practicability of his ideas has nothing to do with their truth’
practicality, workability, workableness, viability, achievability, attainability, reasonableness, sensiblenessView synonyms
- ‘However, the test is one of practicability, not reasonableness.’
- ‘This problem will tax the ingenuity of the ablest designer desirous of producing a nice balance between traditional charm and reasoned practicability.’
- ‘This early experimentation with nonresident instruction provided valuable insights into its utility and practicability on a wider scale.’
- ‘Reasonable practicability can involve a constraint on what is capable of being done by reference either to practical considerations or to normative considerations.’
- ‘In these cases, impairment is measured for the smallest group of assets (the income-generating unit) that produces a largely independent income stream, subject to constraints of practicability and materiality.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.