Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A software package designed to create electronic presentations consisting of a series of separate pages or slides.
- ‘The Bit Better site has a link to a PowerPoint presentation on PowerPoint history.’
- ‘Sometimes you want to get a little fancy with your PowerPoint presentation.’
- ‘Also available are complete corporate packages including logo, business cards, stationery, Powerpoint templates etc.’
- ‘No, according to a growing chorus, the problem with American business is PowerPoint.’
- ‘The timing on the flash panel will not hold up the PowerPoint presentation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.