One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I watched powerlessly as three buses zoomed past until a bus with room for me stopped.’
- ‘When paramedics finally took the woman away, he fretted powerlessly.’
- ‘Do we have to watch powerlessly as this vandalism takes place?’
- ‘It's a tragedy for the families involved, and my heart goes out to them as they come to terms with what they saw as they waited for their loved ones at the landing site and watched powerlessly as the events unfolded.’
- ‘It is better to get involved and take responsibility, at any scale, than to complain powerlessly from the sidelines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.