One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Power-assisted steering on a motor vehicle.
- ‘The electric power steering was light but steering itself was responsive.’
- ‘He says it is already doing this by sharing a single steering angle sensor between its electric power steering and traction control systems.’
- ‘Combining with the automatic gearbox to provide that easy driving is speed proportional variable ratio power steering carried over from the original model.’
- ‘Most cars didn't have power steering and the brakes were tiny.’
- ‘The electronic power steering is effortless, but despite providing more ‘feel’ at higher speeds it still feels a bit remote.’
- ‘Speed-sensitive, hydraulic power steering allows positive feedback and control for the driver as well as aiding parking.’
- ‘To save weight and keep the driving experience pure there are no airbags, ABS or power steering.’
- ‘Equipped with electric power steering with switchable assistance, a light gearchange and clutch, this is the ideal city van.’
- ‘Though I found the speed-sensitive electric power steering to be a little too light at low speeds, it stiffened up over 40 mph.’
- ‘Specification has been improved and twin front airbags, power steering, electric front windows and central locking all come as part of the package.’
- ‘As readers of this magazine know, automotive technologies have advanced far beyond power brakes and power steering.’
- ‘Most reports indicate the driver experienced an intermittent loss of power steering assist when making left turns, usually at low speeds.’
- ‘A 10.4m turning circle, assisted by power steering, makes for easy driving around town.’
- ‘The power steering did feel a little on the heavy side and the model I tested produced a worrying grinding noise when steering at low speeds especially while manoeuvring to park.’
- ‘But standard hydraulically assisted power steering lacks that capability.’
- ‘The tiny steering wheel and perfectly balanced power steering make fast sharp corners a real pleasure and if the back steps out a little it can be caught with ease.’
- ‘It also helped that the variable power steering, while being relaxed, was not too light and still communicated well.’
- ‘There's also dual airbags, power steering, electric windows front and rear, and central locking.’
- ‘His proposals include fitting cars with smaller engines and banning power steering and automatic gearboxes.’
- ‘It is also well fitted-out, its specification list including power steering, electric front windows and remote central locking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.