One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Power-assisted steering on a motor vehicle.
- ‘Most reports indicate the driver experienced an intermittent loss of power steering assist when making left turns, usually at low speeds.’
- ‘He says it is already doing this by sharing a single steering angle sensor between its electric power steering and traction control systems.’
- ‘The electric power steering was light but steering itself was responsive.’
- ‘His proposals include fitting cars with smaller engines and banning power steering and automatic gearboxes.’
- ‘The tiny steering wheel and perfectly balanced power steering make fast sharp corners a real pleasure and if the back steps out a little it can be caught with ease.’
- ‘As readers of this magazine know, automotive technologies have advanced far beyond power brakes and power steering.’
- ‘Combining with the automatic gearbox to provide that easy driving is speed proportional variable ratio power steering carried over from the original model.’
- ‘The electronic power steering is effortless, but despite providing more ‘feel’ at higher speeds it still feels a bit remote.’
- ‘The power steering did feel a little on the heavy side and the model I tested produced a worrying grinding noise when steering at low speeds especially while manoeuvring to park.’
- ‘Speed-sensitive, hydraulic power steering allows positive feedback and control for the driver as well as aiding parking.’
- ‘Most cars didn't have power steering and the brakes were tiny.’
- ‘But standard hydraulically assisted power steering lacks that capability.’
- ‘There's also dual airbags, power steering, electric windows front and rear, and central locking.’
- ‘Specification has been improved and twin front airbags, power steering, electric front windows and central locking all come as part of the package.’
- ‘A 10.4m turning circle, assisted by power steering, makes for easy driving around town.’
- ‘Though I found the speed-sensitive electric power steering to be a little too light at low speeds, it stiffened up over 40 mph.’
- ‘It is also well fitted-out, its specification list including power steering, electric front windows and remote central locking.’
- ‘It also helped that the variable power steering, while being relaxed, was not too light and still communicated well.’
- ‘Equipped with electric power steering with switchable assistance, a light gearchange and clutch, this is the ideal city van.’
- ‘To save weight and keep the driving experience pure there are no airbags, ABS or power steering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.